BANOVA® | Laser cutting
BANOVA® undergoing laser testing
Laser cutting of light plywood made of balsa veneers
Minimum weight with at the same time high stability – this characterizes the high-quality plywood panels of BANOVA®. We have tested the natural and sustainable material of balsa wood for laser applications in the variants BANOVA® PLUS and BANOVA® DIGITAL. Application of the lightweight building boards is very versatile and provides simple handling with regard to production and logistics.
eurolaser has taken a closer look at this material. Its properties during laser processing were tested in eurolaser’s own application lab.
Benefits of cutting BANOVA® with CO2 lasers:
- Contact-free processing – minimum material waste, no breakage
- Finest details and radius-free inner contours possible
- No chippings – less dirt and effort
- No clamping or fixing of the workpiece necessary
- Burr-free edges – no reworking necessary
- No tool wear
- Available automation functions for optimum production utilization